GFG Consulting undertook the Project Management of the refurbishment to the Woodland Cultural, Community and Visitors Centre. Specifically, assisting the Shire with preliminary project planning activities, reviewing funding arrangements in context of the Shire’s available resources/inputs and then lead the development of a Project Plan. GFG worked closely with the Architect and other Design Consultants to ensure the design form/scale of this new facility met the community expectations. We assisted the Shire in procuring a suitable building construction partner to carry out the works.
GFG Consulting was engaged to formulate scope and coordinate design input from architects and specialist consultants.
Next phase was to prepare tender documentation for two separate areas. One relating to Hydraulic Aspects and the other related to Building Improvements.
Managed procurement/tender phases
Client-side project management during construction.
A modern functional hydrotherapy area of the Bayswater Waves Aquatic Centre
GFG Consulting was engaged to provide Project Management and Landscape Architecture support to assist the Bayswater Child Care Association (BCCA) with the coordination of the expansion of the existing pre-school building to accommodate a child-care operator relocating from another site.
The project involved:
- The preparation of a comprehensive set of contract tender documents
- Assessment of received tenders and recommendation to client
- Assessment of landscape design works by GFG Consulting’s Landscape Architect and recommendation to client
- Amending landscape design to meet the Client’s changing needs
- Project Management of the construction process through to practical completion and building handover
- Liaison with necessary stakeholders
- Document control
- Construction budget tracking and vetting of contractor progress claims
GFG Consulting provided Project Management services to oversee the construction activities of “Kimberley Site Services” (KSS) in undertaking contracted works at Boab Estate Stage 2, Lot 61 Dampier Drive, Derby.
This project involved:
- Reviewing design documentation and amending as required
- Reviewing contractor documentation, including safety & quality management plans, and insurances
- Reviewing Contractor Project Schedule
- Liaising with external authorities/parties as required for approvals and inspections
- Conducting regular site visits
- Conducting site progress meetings whilst on site and documenting outcomes and actions
- Monitoring work conformity and contractor performance
- Reviewing and tracking Variations and Progress Claims
- Ensuring compliance with critical specification requirements and ensuring ITP’s were provided and completed by Contractor.
- Inspections at critical hold points and receiving and noting required contractor documentation
- Compiling a photographic record of works at key phases
- Coordination of RFI’s with regard to design specifics
- Compilation of all relevant project delivery compliance documentation (Document Control)
- Final reconciliation of project cost outcome
Facilitating practical completion certificate and commencement of Defects Liability Period
GFG Consulting were appointed to provide construction procurement and construction project management support services for the Mercury Treatment Facility at Gap Ridge. This was the first of its type in the southern hemisphere to service the oil and gas industry.
More specifically GFG Consulting provided project managed support through all stages of the project including:
- Pre-Construction and Tender Phase
- Construction Phase – including all Earthworks and Civil Works relating to the construction of the Office and Workshop Buildings, Warehouse for Plant Installation and access roads.
- Pre-& Post start up and Close Out
GFG Consulting provided project management, civil eng ineering design services, environmental support services, and specialist OSH management support on this project.
This required GFG Consulting’s Associates to have a detailed understanding of all required project requirements to undertake these complex works.